Important Customer Information Regarding COVID-19 And Your Telecommunications Services
May 27th, 2020
As the information regarding COVID-19 and the guidance we are receiving continues to evolve, we wanted to communicate the following precautionary measures we are taking to keep our customers, our employees and our community safe during this time. We understand our critical role in connecting all of you and we expect the utilization of our services to increase significantly as social distancing becomes the norm. As a service provider, we take the obligation to serve you seriously.
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are taking the following precautions to limit our interaction with our customers.
- Our business offices are currently closed to customer access until further notice. Our Customer Service and Technical Support staff are fully available by phone, email, and online chat. Please remember that you can always pay your bill online by choosing “My Account” https://www.wcvt.com/my-account/. We also accept payments in our payment slots at our Hinesburg and Waitsfield business offices. You can also call us and setup auto payment options.
- We continue to install new services and repairs. Inside access may be limited for our customers and our technicians safety.
- All fiber-to-the-home conversions that are currently scheduled have been cancelled and we will be rescheduled in the future.
- All Whole Home Wi-Fi installations scheduled have been cancelled and will rescheduled for a future date. Self installation kits are available.
In addition, we are taking the following measures:
- We are working with our cleaning staff and employees to sanitize high touch surfaces.
- Our employees that are sick are being asked to stay at home.
- Washing hands on a regular basis.
- Using hand sanitizer.
- Some of our employees will be working from home.
As you know, this is a fluid situation and we are constantly monitoring the recommendations by the CDC, the Vermont Dept. of Health and others. Our first responsibility is to keep our employees safe and our customers safe. At the same time, as a critical infrastructure company, it is our duty to keep our customers connected especially during times of a national emergency such as this. This is still evolving and we will keep you notified as things change.
Thank you for your patience and we will get through this together.
Information from The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
Vermont Department of Health