Important Customer Information Regarding COVID-19 And Your Telecommunications Services
July 22nd, 2020
As the information regarding COVID-19 and the guidance we are receiving continues to evolve, we wanted to communicate the following precautionary measures we are taking to keep our customers, our employees and our community safe during this time. We understand our critical role in connecting all of you and we expect the utilization of our services to increase significantly as social distancing becomes the norm. As a service provider, we take the obligation to serve you seriously.
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are taking the following precautions to limit our interaction with our customers.
- Our business offices are currently closed to customers. Our Customer Service and Technical Support staff are available by phone, email, and online chat. Please remember that you can always pay your bill online by choosing “My Account” https://www.wcvt.com/my-account/. We also accept payments in our payment slots at our Hinesburg and Waitsfield business offices. You can also call us and setup auto payment options.
- We continue to install new services, make repairs, and complete fiber-to-the-home conversions.
- Inside access may be limited for our customers and our technicians safety.
- We will be asking you the following questions prior to a technician visiting our home or business:
- Has anyone in your household had a fever of 100.4F or higher, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pains, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, or been in contact with any person(s) known to have been infected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Has anyone in your household travelled out of the State of VT in the last 14 days?
- If yes, do you certify that you/any member of your household has complied with the quarantine requirements outlined in the State of VT’s COVID-19 cross-state travel information?
- If anything should change prior to our site visit please contact us.
In addition, Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom is also taking the following measures to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and our customers:
- Our technicians are taking additional precautions and using PPE when entering your home or business.
- We are working with our cleaning staff and employees to sanitize high touch surfaces and equipment.
- Our employees that are sick are being asked to stay at home.
- Washing hands on a regular basis.
- Using hand sanitizer
Our first responsibility is to keep our employees safe and our customers safe. At the same time, as a critical infrastructure company, it is our duty to keep our customers connected especially during times of a national emergency such as this. Our processes are constantly evolving and we will keep you notified as things change.
Thank you for your patience and we will get through this together.