When you become part of the Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom family, you’re joining a one hundred year old organization that values its employees and recognizes the important contribution each one makes to our company’s success.
Our progressive benefits and compensation package reflects the appreciation we have for our employees and rewards them for their commitment and dedication to our company.
Managing a family-friendly atmosphere in a fast-paced industry can present challenges, but we keep a careful eye on workplace satisfaction and quality, as we do on product and customer service quality. We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence and are willing to grow with us in the future. We are an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).
- Telecommunications Service Technician
See below for more information and how to apply.
Telecommunications Service Technician
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom, a Vermont based telecommunications solutions provider, located in central Vermont, is seeking a qualified Telecommunications Service Technician to join our team in our Waitsfield Service Area. Responsibilities include installing, repairing, and maintaining facilities and equipment in support of telephone and broadband services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, configures, repairs, and maintains copper and fiber optic facilities for customers that includes out-plant cable, CATx rated wiring, RJ series jacks with certification, xDSL broadband devices, fiber optic devices, and WiFi appliances as required.
- Maintains plant operations through activities which include troubleshooting, splicing, and replacements as necessary, by means of fault location for both buried and aerial facilities, and the creation of job reports.
- Tests and maintains subscriber carrier equipment.
- Reports changes to maps, defective equipment, or plant discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned vehicle, tools, and test equipment.
- Ensures all work is done according to quality standards, always complying with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to WCVT or OSHA/VOSHA, whichever standard is higher.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires frequent periods of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects and occasional periods of walking, sitting, standing, crouching, and climbing.
- Frequently exposed to varying environmental conditions due to outside working environment; must have ability to work in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus two or more years’ experience in telephony installation, repair, and maintenance, or relevant related experience. Consideration will be given to lesser qualified applicants with equivalent related experience and demonstrated ability and/or aptitude to learn via correspondence and hands-on training.
- Certification in Telecommunications, as well as experience working with, or extensive training, on fiber optic splicing equipment, outside facilities and customer premise equipment preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to setup and operate power tools, electronic testing equipment, and heavy equipment such as a bucket truck.
- Ability to climb poles and work aloft when performing the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when observing equipment installations and making repairs and maintaining logs.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills required to maintain productive internal and external relationships.
- Computer skills necessary including familiarity with Windows, as well as the ability learn and frequently use mapping programs and customer database applications.
How to Apply
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and application to the address below. No telephone calls please.
Please submit resumes to:
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 9
3898 Main Street
Waitsfield, VT 05673-0009