When you become part of the Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom family, you’re joining a one hundred year old organization that values its employees and recognizes the important contribution each one makes to our company’s success.
Our progressive benefits and compensation package reflects the appreciation we have for our employees and rewards them for their commitment and dedication to our company.
Managing a family-friendly atmosphere in a fast-paced industry can present challenges, but we keep a careful eye on workplace satisfaction and quality, as we do on product and customer service quality. We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence and are willing to grow with us in the future. We are an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).
Current Opening – Business Services Specialist I
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom, a Vermont based telecommunications solutions provider, located in central Vermont, is seeking a qualified Business Services Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities include installing, repairing, and maintaining large and small business systems in support of WCVT’s Hosted products and Business Class Wi-Fi solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, and maintains SBS and HPBX business systems for customers including cable, instruments, wiring, jacks, DSL/VDSL and fiber services, Cat5e and 6 wiring, as well as fiber optic and T1 facilities as required, including its application to telephony plant.
- Installs, configures, and makes programming changes to respective systems including Avaya and Metaswitch resolving hardware and software conflicts as they arise.
- Applies and programs all peripheral equipment for HPBX installations (i.e. paging, music on hold, etc.)
- Maintains plant operations through activities which include troubleshooting, splicing, and replacements as necessary.
- Tests and maintains subscriber carrier equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned vehicle, tools, and test equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ensures all work is done according to quality standards, always complying with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to WCVT or OSHA/VOSHA, whichever standard is higher.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires frequent periods of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects and occasional periods of walking, sitting, standing, crouching, and climbing.
- Frequently exposed to varying environmental conditions due to outside working environment; must have ability to work in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Work schedule as dictated by position requirements, including required overtime and call duty.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High school diploma or equivalent plus two or more years’ experience in telephony installation, repair, and maintenance, or relevant related experience. Additionally two years’ prior experience installing, repairing, and maintaining small business systems preferred. Certification in Telecommunications preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot lines at a level normally acquired through completion of technical training and up to two – three years of telephony work experience.
- Ability to configure, program, and install HPBX systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP and IP routing protocols and maintenance of an IP network as it relates to HPBX systems is required; digital switching training and/or experience is preferred.
- Proficient computer operation skills required, including familiarity with a variety of hardware, software, and operating systems for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. Must possess a basic understanding of networking principals and concepts for both home and business applications, as well as a basic understanding of PoE switches, modems, and similar broadband devices. Knowledge of business class Wi-Fi installation and maintenance preferred.
- Ability to setup and operate power tools and electronic testing equipment. Ability to climb ladders when performing essential functions of the job.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when observing equipment installations and making repairs and maintaining logs, as well as analytical skills necessary in order to make calculations for the installation and repair of equipment.
- Strong interpersonal communication, as well as organizational skills required. Must have the ability to independently organize priorities and handle multiple work assignments, with attention to detail, demonstrating proficient critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage projects through completion with the ultimate goal of meeting or exceeding the customer’s needs. Additionally, responsible for consistently keeping the customer and management updated on the status of respective projects.
- Incumbent must demonstrate ability and requisite skills necessary to work in fast-paced stressful situations while maintaining a professional, positive, and friendly attitude.
How to Apply
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and application to the address below. No telephone calls please.
Please submit resumes to:
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 9
3898 Main Street
Waitsfield, VT 05673-0009