When you become part of the Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom family, you’re joining a one hundred year old organization that values its employees and recognizes the important contribution each one makes to our company’s success.
Our progressive benefits and compensation package reflects the appreciation we have for our employees and rewards them for their commitment and dedication to our company.
Managing a family-friendly atmosphere in a fast-paced industry can present challenges, but we keep a careful eye on workplace satisfaction and quality, as we do on product and customer service quality. We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence and are willing to grow with us in the future. We are an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).
Customer Service and Internet Support Associate
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom, a Vermont based telecommunications solutions provider, located in central Vermont, is seeking qualified Customer Service Associates to join our teams in our Hinesburg and Waitsfield Service Areas. Responsibilities include providing high quality telephone, broadband, and technical support services to WCVT’s customers via telephone, internet, live-chat, mail and office contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with customers either by phone, internet, live chat, as well as in person to appropriately support WCVT’s customers by providing high-quality telephone, broadband, cable, and technical support. Reconciles concerns regarding customer accounts and documents service-related issues.
- Demonstrates appropriate sales and/or marketing skills to promote the sale of all WCVT products and services based upon customers’ need.
- Responsible for accurately preparing product service orders, as well as maintaining precise and complete records in WCVT’s billing systems, databases, etc. to ensure the integrity of customer information. Negotiates payment arrangements and prepares payment contracts, following up with customers when necessary.
- Processes service orders, prepares deposits, and performs Receptionist/Cashier functionality on a scheduled basis.
- Interacts with other members of the Customer Service and Technical Support departments to research and resolve higher-level service related and/or technical support issues in support of the organization’s philosophy of providing an exceptional customer service experience.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- Ability to exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Requires frequent periods of walking, sitting, standing, and crouching.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work that deals largely with alpha and numeric figures.
- Normal climate controlled office environment with many distractions.
- Moderate to extended viewing of multiple computer monitors simultaneously.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one year’s customer service and/or sales experience. Demonstrated work experience within a call center environment with established sales experience preferred.
- General internet experience both from a technical, as well as selling aspect. Knowledge of e-mail, web hosting, broadband and wireless connectivity preferred.
- Knowledge of both hardware and software applications is desirable, including a knowledge of a variety of mobile, wireless, and streaming devices and their corresponding operating systems (i.e. iPhones, Android devices, iPads, tablets, Roku, Chromecast, sling devices, etc.)
- Ability to utilize both analytical and multi-tasking skills necessary to ensure accuracy of billing information and service order processing using several software and billing systems while simultaneously providing high quality telephone, broadband, cable and technical support service to customers via telephone, internet, or face-to-face conversations.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when reviewing figures and performing non-complex arithmetic calculations in order to prepare, review, and post adjustments to customers’ billing statements, processing customer payments and posting them to the appropriate account, as well as preparing bank deposits.
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries with appropriate speed while maintaining accuracy of service order processing and billing information. Ability to complete work within defined deadlines.
- Ability to operate and perform job responsibilities within established guidelines including the ability to use previously learned processes, procedures, and guidelines to ensure accurate processing and recording of customer information.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills necessary to maintain productive relationships with customers in resolving service and billing-related questions and marketing new services. Additionally, ability to enthusiastically work with co-workers and customers to resolve service related issues in a constructive and cooperative manner.
- Ability to maintain a professional image, as well as communicate and work within a team atmosphere. Ability to effectively establish rapport and successfully interact with co-workers to actively support an environment where teamwork is essential to the success of the Department.
Internet Support Associate
Green Mountain Access, a subsidiary of Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom, a Vermont based telecommunications solutions provider, is seeking a qualified individual to join our staff in Waitsfield, or Hinesburg Vermont.
Responsibilities include providing high-quality moderately complex technical support to Green Mountain Access customers, supporting all broadband transactions, which include service orders, general service, and technical support questions via telephone, live chat, mail, and office contacts. Also responsible for reconciling concerns regarding customer accounts and/or documentation of broadband service related troubles, as well as the sale of appropriate products and services. Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as a minimum of one year’s call center and/or technical support experience, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A solid understanding of concepts, practices, and procedures associated with information technology technical support required. Additionally, advanced internet skills and knowledge regarding e-mail, web hosting, broadband and wireless connectivity, along with general knowledge of a variety of broadband platforms. Knowledge of both hardware and software applications is desirable, including knowledge of a variety of mobile, wireless, and streaming devices and their corresponding operating systems (i.e. iPhones, Android devices, iPads, tablets, Roku, Chromecast, sling devices, etc.). Knowledge of networking concepts, along with an understanding of IP and wireless standards and protocols required. Strong interpersonal skills necessary to maintain productive relationships with customers in resolving service questions is also required. EOE
How to Apply
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and application to the address below. No telephone calls please.View and Print Application
Please submit resumes to:
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 9
3898 Main Street
Waitsfield, VT 05673-0009