When you become part of the Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom family, you’re joining a one hundred year old organization that values its employees and recognizes the important contribution each one makes to our company’s success.
Our progressive benefits and compensation package reflects the appreciation we have for our employees and rewards them for their commitment and dedication to our company.
Managing a family-friendly atmosphere in a fast-paced industry can present challenges, but we keep a careful eye on workplace satisfaction and quality, as we do on product and customer service quality. We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence and are willing to grow with us in the future. We are an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom, a Vermont based telecommunications solutions provider, located in central Vermont, is seeking a qualified Telecommunications Lineman to join our team in Waitsfield. Responsibilities include a variety of duties related to the installation, operation, repair, and maintenance of telecommunications outside plant including fiber and copper cable and CATV.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place aerial/buried telephone cable (copper and fiber) and CATV (coax).
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
- Performs aerial tasks such as new cable installs, pole transfers, strand building, cable hanging, lashing, etc.
- Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing cable, air pipe and inner duct in various types of conduit systems and open excavations.
- Climb utility poles and/or use aerial lift truck to place cables on poles per system design.
- Ensures all installation work is done according to quality standards, always complying with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to WCVT or OSHA/VOSHA, whichever standard is higher.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- Lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Requires frequent periods of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects and occasional periods of walking, sitting, standing, and crouching.
- Frequently exposed to varying environmental conditions due to outside working environment; must have ability to work in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Five or more years experience in telephony outside plant construction or related experience, which includes experience in the placement of telecommunications cable (copper and fiber) and CATV.
- Valid CDL Class A.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to setup and operate power tools, electronic testing equipment, and heavy equipment such as a bucket truck and backhoe.
- Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 40 feet.
- Ability to read and interpret construction prints, plans, and specifications.
How to Apply
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and application to the address below. No telephone calls please.
Please submit resumes to:
Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 9
3898 Main Street
Waitsfield, VT 05673-0009