If you are having problems with your telephone line, please try these easy steps before contacting our Repair Department. To report a trouble, contact our Repair Department 24 hours a day at 1-800-496-3393 or click here to submit an online repair request form. Please note, if you require after hours or weekend repair service, please contact our Repair Department at 1-800-496-3393.
Responsibility of Customer
You are responsible for preliminary testing to determine whether the problem is within your home or a Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom facilities repair. If you request a repair visit and the problem is found to have been caused by your equipment or wiring, a $50 charge will be assessed. Please follow these easy steps to help you locate the problem.
How to Check Your Phones
- Determine if it is one phone or all phones that don't work.
- Unplug all phones and test them one at a time.
- If the problem is only with one phone, test that phone in another jack. If it still does not work, that phone is probably bad.
- If the phone works in a different jack, go back to the jack where the trouble started and test it with a different phone. If neither phone works, there may be a problem with the wiring to that jack.
- If none of the phones work after testing each phone and jack separately, the problem may be your wiring.
If you have determined that there may be a problem with your wiring, follow these easy steps to determine if the trouble is your responsibility or ours.
- Locate the Network Interface Device (NID), which is typically located on the outside of your home or business (see figure 1).
- Disconnect the modular plug from the test jack (see figure 2).
- Plug a working phone into the "test jack" with a modular line cord. If you receive a dial tone, the problem is with your wiring or equipment.
- If you do not receive a dial tone, the problem is most likely with our facilities. Contact our Repair Department at 1-800-496-3393.