Setting Cable TV Parental Controls
Many parents are concerned with their children accessing inappropriate content on TV. New technology now puts you in control of your children’s television viewing. The Television Industry’s TV Rating System, as well as the Parental Lock features and the Interactive Program Guide on your cable set-top boxes, allow you to control the programming your children have access to. Parental Controls allow you to restrict the viewing of objectionable programs. After setting a personalized 4-digit code, you can place locks on selected ratings, channels, and titles.
For more information on setting up your Parental Controls please review the following:
Directions for setting basic Parental Controls using the Interactive Program Guide on Waitsfield Cable:
To Place a Lock:
- Select Parents on the Main Menu to see the Parental Control screen.
- Use the directional buttons to make your selections, including title, rating, or channel, then press OK.
- You can also press the LOCK button on your remote to restrict viewing of the current or highlighted program or channel. While watching television, or while highlighting a program or channel in the listings, press LOCK. Enter your 4-digit code when prompted. Then press LOCK to lock the title, rating, and / or channel.
To View Locked Programs:
- To view a program or channel that you have locked, select it from the listings and enter your 4-digit Parental Control code when prompted.
To Bypass or Clear Locks:
- Temporarily open or clear all locks for easier viewing. Select Master Locks from the Parental Control screen and change the option from No to Yes.
To Restore Locks:
- To restore locks, press the LOCK button anytime and enter your 4-digit code.
- Or, go to the Bypass Locks screen and change the option from Yes to No.
- You may also restore the locks by turning the set-top box off, then back on.